CUBAN CONGRESS OF THERAPEUTIC CLOWNS: ART AND HEALTH
October 17 to 19, 2018
Call for Participation
The Group of Therapeutic Clowns of Cuba and the Cardio Centre of the William Soler Ledea Children’s Teaching Hospital anounce the Cuban Congress of Therapeutic Clowns: Art and Health 2018. We invite you to share your therapeutic and artistic experiences as therapeutic clowns or your scientific findings which demonstrate the impact of this therapy on the wellbeing of human beings.
The Congress will take place from October 17 to 19, 2018 in the Cardio Centre of the William Soler Ledea Pediatric Teaching Hospital in Havana, Cuba. All those related, directly or indirectly, with clown therapy may participate. Due to logistical limitations, the participation of persons connected to the activity of therapeutic clowning will be given priority. The number of presentations will also be limited. Thus, the Scientific Committee will select the presentations which contribute most to the development of this therapy in our country.
We will be sharing the following themes:
- therapeutic clowns and patients suffering from chronic illnesses
- therapeutic clowns and seniors
- therapeutic clowns and adolesents
- therapeutic clowns and patients’ families
- artistic techniques for the training of therapeutic clowns
- challenges for the organization of therapeutic clowns: sustainability
- impact and challenges of the presence of therapeutic clowns in health institutions
- a. Plenary/Keynote addresses (45 minutes): There is the possibility of presenting TWO keynote addresses to be given by Cuban and/or foreign speakers on topics of general interest. The Organizing Committee will make the selection once papers have been submitted.
- b. Presentations (15/20 minutes): A description of your practice or a professional discussion related to your practice, which links theory and practice. In addition, there may be results of scientific research related to our practice which we wish to share with others.
- c. Workshops (45 minutes/1 or 2 hours): Activities targeting practical objectives and demonstrations. The emphasis will be on the experiential participation of the workshop These will be planned by the instructor to help solve problems which arise in their practice or to share therapeutic artistic techniques which have given good results.
- Exhibition of Posters and Audio Visuals: This will allow for an individual discussion with the participant(s) during the display. The posters must show the title, the name of the author(s) and the name of the Clown Group/Association, followed by a brief text, accompanied by photos, graphics, etc. Audio visuals will be shown on a TV set up for this purpose.
As part of the Congress activities, there will be cultural activities and a work session of all the clowns in the hospital units where the event is being held. For this, we ask you to bring your nose and your clown outfit.
Guide for Presenting:
The Scientific Committee requests a summary of no more than 400 words, of two pages in length.
- On the first page include the title of the presentation, the complete name of the authors (no more than three), country, province (in Cuba), session option (see options above: a to d), and a description no more than 100 words of your artistic activity whether it be therapeutic, academic or scientific, and indicating if you belong to the Group of Therapeutic Clowns of Cuba.
- On the second page: the summary of the activiy according to the guidelines given above. Please use a Word format (1997 – 2002, not 2007) with Arial 12, and a space between lines of 1.5.
Submissions will be received from March 1 to June 14, 2018. You will be notified of your acceptance before July 26, 2018. In the near future, you will be notified of the email address for submission of presentationsd. In the meantime, for any information and to indicate your interest in attending the Congress, please contact us at: email@example.com
Registration is upon arrival on October 17, 2018
Members of the Group of the Therapeutic Clowns of Cuba: $110 CUP
Non-members (Cuban) of the Group of Therapeutic Clowns of Cuba $250 CUP
Foreign Participants $80 CUC (equivalent to $91 US). (Please see below*.)
The registration fee includes entrance to the event, documentation from the event, author’s certificates, coffee, snack and lunch on the three days.
Please note: Immigration rules require foreign participants to obtain an academic visa, obtained from the Cuban consulate in your country.
*Additional information about payment will be provided to those non-Cuban participants who are interested in registering for the event.